Help please with older surround sound hookups

ProudYaYa

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Have a Sharp TV LC-50LB481U & much older (amazing) surround sound & I've tried for weeks to hook these up, have bought a lot of different cords & gadgets. I'm so confused, I've had it hooked up before but it was through my blu ray player but I don't use that anymore, everything I watch is streaming. Can anyone please look at the pictures & maybe answer? I know it's probably simple to others. Thanks.

4863102_I12.png
4863102_I11.png
older (amazing) surround sound & I've tried for weeks to hook these up, have bought a lot of different cords & gadgets. I'm so confused, I've had it hooked up before but it was through my blu ray player but I don't use that anymore, everything I watch is streaming. Can anyone please look at the pictures & maybe answer? I know it's probably simple to others. Thanks.

Solution
Digital Optical output from the TV would be the best choice but your "amazing" surround sound has no digital capabilities. You could use the digital output and use a converter or you could use the 3.5mm analog output (next to the coax) with an red/white RCA cable.
Either way you are missing out on true surround sound.

kanewolf

Judicious
Digital Optical output from the TV would be the best choice but your "amazing" surround sound has no digital capabilities. You could use the digital output and use a converter or you could use the 3.5mm analog output (next to the coax) with an red/white RCA cable.
Either way you are missing out on true surround sound.

Solution

ProudYaYa

Prominent
May 29, 2017

Thank you for the answer.

ProudYaYa

Prominent
May 29, 2017