Help troubleshooting hp labtop

Infirms

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
My hp labtop was working fine until 2 days ago when I powered it on it stayed on the blue hp logo and didn't go into the Windows login screen then it turned off and on with the same screen the fan also makes a Lot of nose and gets very hot I can get into the bios and all ports work but when I try to get into system recovery a black bar appears on the screen then it shuts off and on back to the hp logo I took it to a PC repair shop and the technician said my hard drive had some errors then I left my labtop there and called to see what was the final answer and the technician said the problem was my motherboard and said to repair it would cost $190 and with win 10 $ 210 I'm not tech savvy and working with a labtop is a bit difficult but I looked up the motherboard online and found it for 60 dollars

Edit : would any one know what's wrong because the price he was charging I could just but another labtop or save for something else and sell my labtop for parts or something

Solution
Hi,

The technician be correct that either the HDD or the motherboard is faulty but i'm not sure if he's charging the right amount though. You can actually do the test yourself if you want to determine weather if it's the HDD or the motherboard that is faulty.
- First remove the HDD and boot it up, if it stays on the HP logo that means the problem is the motherboard but if it gets pass the HP logo and loads into a black screen with an error about missing device that means the HDD is faulty.

I would suggest if you can open your laptop yourself, do replace the HDD or the motherboard yourself and it will save you time and money. But if you're not comfortable opening your laptop I would suggest to just let the tech do it. :)
Hi,

The technician be correct that either the HDD or the motherboard is faulty but i'm not sure if he's charging the right amount though. You can actually do the test yourself if you want to determine weather if it's the HDD or the motherboard that is faulty.
- First remove the HDD and boot it up, if it stays on the HP logo that means the problem is the motherboard but if it gets pass the HP logo and loads into a black screen with an error about missing device that means the HDD is faulty.

I would suggest if you can open your laptop yourself, do replace the HDD or the motherboard yourself and it will save you time and money. But if you're not comfortable opening your laptop I would suggest to just let the tech do it. :)

Solution

Infirms

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

Thanks man !:D I was finally able to get into the system recovery and did a system image recovery and bam it's fine lost some music and files not to important lol better have a working pc then some files lost