Help understanding SMART data

dagsky

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
hi all, hoping i can get some help from you guys as i am not sure how to interpret results from a SMART scan. I bought this laptop from ebay and it was described as new but when i went to register the warranty it shows as the warranty activated in April 2016! The laptop keyboard barley looks like it's been touched and is in pristine condition.

Things that concern me is that the this laptop is VERY slow for windows 10, from what i can see it has been reformatted because i have run data recovery and found old windows files, it has vlc media installed & open office which i'm 99.9% sure wouldn't come on a new laptop.The keys on the track pad are pretty soft, i don't know if they're meant to be like this. Physically examining the laptop doesn't really show any signs of regular use.

So basically i want to know if this laptop has actually been used say for more than a week or 2.

You can see the SMART scans here http://tinypic.com/r/2a5zyi9/9

USAFRet

Illustrious
That's just the results for the hard drive. Not the whole laptop.

And no...VLC and Open Office is not a part of Windows.
Someone else installed those.

And 40 hours is not a 'new' drive. That drive has been turned on and off 21 times.

clarkjd

Distinguished
Based on the fact that it has already been registered, and it has non standard software already loaded on it, that it is, indeed used, and that is enough to tell me that the seller was untruthful when he stated it was new. I would want my money back, since you now have NO warranty.