HELP! (Windows hardrive nightmare)

Apr 6, 2022
Hi!

Problem: I just bought a new omen obelisk which contains a 250gb m.2 SSD and also a 1tb HDD. The problem is that when I reset it when I got if from my friend it automatically installed windows on the SSD (something I don't want) and I have absolutely no idea how to move the OS to the HDD... it also doesn't help that when I go try to reset it says 'could not find the recovery envionment'. If I need an external HDD to fix this issue that's fine cuz my mom said I can borrow her external 2tb hardrive. Btw if youre wondering yes the SSD is labeled as C: and the HDD is D: but changing the letter wont move the data will it? IDK...

Btw I really don't care bout the stuff in the HDD cuz I can just redownload my games and stuff.

Thx, if any other information is needed just ask please :D

USAFRet

Illustrious
Windows is supposed to be on the faster drive.
Here, the 256GB.

There is nothing wrong with the way it is set up.
Why do think it is incorrect?

And do NOT try to simply change that drive letter. It WILL break everything.

Apr 6, 2022
I agree it is correct but id much rather prefer if the system took longer to load but games take less (the SSD is almost full already)

Btw I wont change the letter.

And thx for the reply! :D

USAFRet

Illustrious
I agree it is correct but id much rather prefer if the system took longer to load but games take less (the SSD is almost full already)

Btw I wont change the letter.

And thx for the reply! :D
No, you just need to learn how to manage the drive space.

Games can be installed on either drive.
Steam especially makes this trivially easy.

Apr 6, 2022
I know, the problem is that Windows + other apps (not games) already occupy 75% of the disk leaving no space for other bigger games. (For example the oculus app cant be installed on the D: drive only the C: drive and its 15gb something I don't have on the ssd)

Thx