Help with an allround laptop

Omar93

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop with a budget of around 7000 swedish krona, wish equalls about 1000 US dollars. The laptop will for allround usage. I will want to be able to play new games, high quality is not a must.
My eyes fell for this laptop: HP Pavilion DV6-6c20eo.

I'm not into computers, so I ask if your opinion if this computer is suitable. I'm worried about the low processpeed, which stands at 1.9 Ghz. But it's Quad core, does that help?

Would you buy this laptop, bearing in mind that you will use like me and have the same budget? Appreciate your help,
Omar

Hello Omar93;

That 6290kr HP PAVILION DV6-6C20 is a reasonable option. The processor speed is 1.6Ghz. Quad core does help some workloads.
AMD A6-3410MX Llano review
-> It's a pretty decent all-rounder.

US prices are different. A slightly better equipped model is selling for about US$740
CPZy6.jpg

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
HP DV6 the WORST laptop i have ever used -- no touch pad buttons (mac like design BS) keyboard is out of alignment 1 row (if you dont look at your keyboard you will always press caps lock instead of A etc) and cooling is forced around a 45º angle - inefficent -- PASS its garbage inside and out dont buy.

Anything else but that pile of annoying poorly made rubbish.

Dell (custom make one on there website!!) and ASUS are my choice judging by internal build quality, usability and reliability and warranty etc.

All Toshiba units suffer component problems after ~3 years but somehow have a good name.

Also dont buy anything with Nvidia graphics in a laptop.