Help with Blue Snowball iCE

Kinectech

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
I recently purchased a blue snowball iCE, but it's really quiet. After reinstalling my drivers, it didn't really help. However, I found that when I turned up the dB up to +10, it sounded perfect!

So my question is, is it possible my snowball iCE could be set to the -10dB setting present on the normal blue snowball, and would I just have to order a replacement microphone, or could I fix it some other way?

However, the iCE doesn't have any switches, but because it is just a slightly stripped down version of the normal blue snowball, is it possible my iCE is defective?

Solution
By default Windows itself errs on the side of caution. For me, every microphone I've ever had, I'd have to boost the decibels.
If by doing that you introduce a hiss, then there may be a problem, but if you're coming through clear, there's nothing to worry about.

EDIT: I just checked my setting and I'm at +30db ;)

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
By default Windows itself errs on the side of caution. For me, every microphone I've ever had, I'd have to boost the decibels.
If by doing that you introduce a hiss, then there may be a problem, but if you're coming through clear, there's nothing to worry about.

EDIT: I just checked my setting and I'm at +30db ;)

Solution