Help with chosing tablet

Dan21

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Hi all, it's time for me to buy a tablet and I'm already set on either a Windos RT or Windows 8 Tablet, and have looked closely on the info available for those in my price range (around 780 dollars). After careful consideration and elimination I have four contenders left (2 RT and 2 Win8) and would like your qualified opinion seeing how there seem to be lots of knowledgeable people here. Maybe it will help hearing from someone with experience of said tablets :)

I'm considering these:

Surface RT
Samsung ATIV Tab
Ativ Smart PC
Asus VivoTab Smart

My needs:
It needs to be able to play at least 720p movies without a problem.
Good picture quality
Responsive screen
Has micro-SD slot and USB port
Smooth running OS

A big plus with built in office and digitizer digital ink (maybe someone knows how writing with a stylus works without this technology?). If it runs old win applications it should to so without too much lag. Portability is pretty important to me so the surface with its touch pad seems pretty appealing. Anyone who has tried one of theothers and can share their experience?

Thanks in advance!

RT will not run wndows apps, so you can cross that out.

I will tell you one thing, the Nook HD 9" tablet can be had for well under $200 (they have some special coupons out), and it has a great screen, plus access to the full Android market (Google Play now). You were not looking at Android stuff, but the available office programs will work with MS Office applications, and it will stream HD movies just fine. I bought my wife one for about $150, best tech bargain I ever got, aside from maybe a 2TB new hard drive I got for $70.

TRENDING THREADS