Help with Home Display

Xlack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I am looking for a Program or product that will allow me to switch monitors with a push of a button. I want my Computer to be my work station during the day and at night my Home theatre. Is there a product I can have that will allow me to do this? I have Dual Monitors on my Desk for work station and TV on my wall for home theatre / TV gaming.

Thanks

IF there is in the wrong section just let me know.

EDIT : Both Monitors are 1080p, One is 144hz, and the TV is 1080p. Computer specs are below.

Xlack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

That's what I am looking for, what one of my monitors is on dual link dvi will that still work. Also will this work with dual monitors on Desk switching to TV. Lastly will this allow me to still use my gpu or will it lower frame rate and stuff if I wanted to game on the tv

Check within Catalyst Control Center (or whatever it's called now) under Preferences. There may be a way to set up a hot-key combination (like ALT+F12) to do what you're looking to do. I use that to swap displays when I switch my HTPC from displaying on my HDTV to my projector and back.

-Wolf sends

ah thats right you have duallink.. well they do make dvi switches also. cant say i know if they work right with dualink. if your gpu has multiple dvi ports you could probably use a switch then use a dvi to hdmi cable to transition to hdmi (you are hooking up to the tv via hdmi i'm assuming).

what wolfshadow said about creating a hotkey also makes sense.

Xlack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

I am looking for this but I can't find it? I found Hotkeys but thats about it. Will this allow me to do Dual Monitors on my desk and switch to HDTV on wall? then back. It will have to switch the main Monitors?

EDIT: I was looking in Catalyst and I found out you can make Display groups, but only one. So if there another program that will allow me to make two Display Groups? One with my Dual Monitors on my desk and one with just the HDTV and I can set a Hotkey to change between them.

Unfortunately, I don't have a dual monitor set up on my HTPC, so I don't know exactly how to set this up (or even if it's possible). I just wanted you to see that you may already have the solution on your computer and, if you figure it out, it won't cost anything.

-Wolf sends

Xlack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

When I want to use the HDTV it will need to be set to the Main, and then when I switch back to Dual Monitors it disables.