Help with SD card on Moto G

bbarinaga

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
I have a Moto G (2nd gen.), I used to save all of my photos on an external SD card, but since the last update I'm not able to do it. I know many apps no longer allow you to save them on an SD card, but what about media? How can I transfer it? i can't download anything and I have 28 GB of space in my SD card, it is so frustrating! Help please!

Solution
You should be able to go into the settings of the specific app you are creating an item through (camera, etc.,) or downloading through (browser) and set them to save to the card. Apps themselves won't save to the card, but most apps will allow you to save created content to the card.

I know of no updates that restrict this option. Not phone ones at least. However certain apps (not phone specific ones) may have made that change. That I can't answer. You should, however, with many apps be able to uninstall updates.
You should be able to go into the settings of the specific app you are creating an item through (camera, etc.,) or downloading through (browser) and set them to save to the card. Apps themselves won't save to the card, but most apps will allow you to save created content to the card.

I know of no updates that restrict this option. Not phone ones at least. However certain apps (not phone specific ones) may have made that change. That I can't answer. You should, however, with many apps be able to uninstall updates.

Solution