Help with t460p

hkbaker

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
So I've just received a Lenovo t460p, and I installed an ssd. My goal was to clone the hdd to the ssd, however it is not working. I accidentally installed Windows 10 onto the ssd, and it booted from the ssd. I could not get it to boot from the hdd anymore, so I tried reinstalling windows 10 onto the hdd and now I'm stuck. Please help

Solution

Bit confused here, you wanted to use the SSD, and you have Windows 10 installed on the SSD now and it's working. Since it's a new laptop, why does it matter if you managed to clone the drive to the SSD or did a clean setup of Windows on the SSD. You have Windows running on the SSD, it's booting off the SSD, where is the issue?

hkbaker

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Even if I set disk 1 (which is the ssd cloned from the hdd) to top of the boot priority and then boot from it, it boots from the hdd imstead.

Bit confused here, you wanted to use the SSD, and you have Windows 10 installed on the SSD now and it's working. Since it's a new laptop, why does it matter if you managed to clone the drive to the SSD or did a clean setup of Windows on the SSD. You have Windows running on the SSD, it's booting off the SSD, where is the issue?

Solution