Help with wireless/wired speakers

greg24601

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I own a pair of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 wireless speakers (http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/promedia-2-1-wireless-overview/) and a pair of logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakers (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/home-pc-speakers) Ive tried numerous ways to hook them up together to work as a surround sound unit (two front two rear and two subs) i cant seem to find a solution and help?

Solution
Whatever you prefer; wireless or headphone jack works as long as both connections have no issue.

If I were to connect that, and if the other logitech speaker for is two separate stereo speakers then I would use the z2300 as the Center then the Promedia for the front and use the other logitech as a rear speaker. However, if it's a real Center speaker then switch the both logitech front to rear. The system is best for multi-channel music and movies, since rear speakers don't get use as much like the center and front speakers during movies and concert videos.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
You need a Center speaker to make a 5.1

However, before anything else, what is your audio format? (Source) what are you connecting the speakers with? What player and programs are you using?

You can’t just put 2 speakers together and make a surround without a proper surround driver/coding.

greg24601

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
i have a center thats not an issue

I am trying to format the surround sound to an asus D1 sound card. but the issue is that the klipsch speakers are wireless and have no input into the sound card, it does have a headphone jack in the speaker itself could i take a 3.5mm cable and hook it up that way to my sound card?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Then you can also connect the D1 sound card to the transmitter.

Another thing is that usually, the more powerful speakers are at the front and center so if the center speakers are two separate channels/speakers then you might want to use that as rear speakers.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Whatever you prefer; wireless or headphone jack works as long as both connections have no issue.

If I were to connect that, and if the other logitech speaker for is two separate stereo speakers then I would use the z2300 as the Center then the Promedia for the front and use the other logitech as a rear speaker. However, if it's a real Center speaker then switch the both logitech front to rear. The system is best for multi-channel music and movies, since rear speakers don't get use as much like the center and front speakers during movies and concert videos.

Solution