May 17, 2018
I want to pause a video cast from Windows Media Player with my tv remote.

I set up my parents tv to play videos from my their computer, I play them by right clicking on the video and selecting "Cast." They then play on the tv, the problem is the computer they play from is on the other side of the house, I need for my Parents to be able to just pick up a remote and pause/play rewind the casting video without having to go to the computer every time.

Computer is running Win10
and the Tv is a Sharp Model# LC-70C8470U

thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
How do you imagine to use wireless mouse? Screen of the pc can't be seen from location of TV set.

Simplest solution is to install Plex server on your pc and connect TV to it. TV has smart capabilities after all. Then you can view any content shared on pc, play/pause videos with TV remote.

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
How do you imagine to use wireless mouse? Screen of the pc can't be seen from location of TV set.

Simplest solution is to install Plex server on your pc and connect TV to it. TV has smart capabilities after all. Then you can view any content shared on pc, play/pause videos with TV remote.

Solution

gareththegiant

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015

If it is casted to the TV the tv is your screen.

gareththegiant

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015

I am presuming that they can project to a wireless display fro there they can duplicate or extend the display. This way the TV becomes a computer screen then they can easily control wmp. I do this with my laptop all the time.