Help with Yamaha theater

JGuer11

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I have a Yamaha stereo system HTR-3064. Can someone tell me how to make surrounding speakers work? The only ones that work are the rear and center speakers. I already put it pn 5ch stereo mode. All the speaker are connected the right way. Do I need the remote control because I don't have it. Help Please!!!

Solution
If you can access the set up menu without the remote from the front panel then you should be able to do the setup, with help from another person.
Otherwise you will need the remote. If you have a mic with the HTiB then it will be automatic. If not then you will need do it manually.
During set up the distance and volume of each speaker from your listening position is set. This calibrates your system to what the sound engineer intended you to hear in many surround modes.
During actual use not all the speakers will play all the time in most surround modes. Movies use the rear channels sparingly. The front three speakers are the main ones. The center handles dialogue. The 5 channel stereo mode won't give you spatial effects just play all...
If you can access the set up menu without the remote from the front panel then you should be able to do the setup, with help from another person.
Otherwise you will need the remote. If you have a mic with the HTiB then it will be automatic. If not then you will need do it manually.
During set up the distance and volume of each speaker from your listening position is set. This calibrates your system to what the sound engineer intended you to hear in many surround modes.
During actual use not all the speakers will play all the time in most surround modes. Movies use the rear channels sparingly. The front three speakers are the main ones. The center handles dialogue. The 5 channel stereo mode won't give you spatial effects just play all the speakers all of the time.

Solution