Here's What Happens When a TV Falls on the Floor

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
This happened a couple of days ago. I will spare the details of what happened, but cats were involved. This is a 32 inch LCD TV that sits on a microwave cart on wheels in my kitchen. The cart tipped over and the TV landed screen side down flat on the floor and slid 3 feet or so from where the cart landed. Found a good deal on a 50" LED which will arrive in 2 days, so I will move a 37" that I have upstairs to the kitchen and use the new 50" upstairs.

cNS8iUw.jpg

Here is a wider shot showing the microwave cart also:

skpH5w1.jpg

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
I think the microwave cart will be OK, have been using it for that TV for more than 6 years. The fact that it has wheels (casters) is a benefit so I can face the TV into the breakfast room while eating, and into the kitchen when cooking. I am not too disappointed that the TV is broken. I think the capacitors in the power supply were failing anyway since sometimes I had to hit the start button multiple times to get it to turn on. I am more disappointed that the mantle clock on the lower shelf also fell onto the tile and the glass in the front door of the clock shattered. I can get it repaired though.

My mistake was having a 3/4 inch piece of plywood leaning up against a wall (the TV was a couple of feet away from the wall at the time), and a cat somehow tipped the plywood onto the cart.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
I have had that clock for 30+ years. Luckily the hands didn't break off, and the movement inside is fine. It keeps pretty good time, I only have to adjust it by 1 or 2 minutes when I wind it up once a week.

A local Howard Miller authorized repair shop said they can replace the glass for around $40.

TRENDING THREADS