Hey I am looking for a good laptop for college but would like to be able to play games like attila total war on it it the Hp e

MJE

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Hey I'm looking for a Laptop for college but would like to be able to play games like total war attila on it is the Hp envy 17.3 touch screen good for this

MLP_Bailey

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

How much would you be willing to spend?
And What other games would you like to play?

king3pj

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I just checked the Steam listing and Intel HD 4000 graphics are listed as one of the minimum requirements. I don't know anything about laptop GPUs because I have always gamed on a desktop. I hear that this game has rather high end settings available but since it also lists Intel integrated graphics as an option that must mean it scales down pretty well.

I know everyone always says to avoid Alienware because you can build your own with the same equipment for less money. However, since you want a laptop they might be a good choice.

http://www.alienware.com/landings/laptops.aspx

I would think their cheapest Alienware 13 model for $999 with a 2GB GTX 860M, an i5, and 8GB of RAM would probably run it well depending on the settings you pick. I personally would want at least one of their 15 inch models if not the 17 inch for gaming purposes but I was in college not too long ago and I understand that none of these Alienware laptops are the most practical for taking to class with you. They are going to be heavy and they aren't going to have great battery life. The 13" might be a better option in that respect.

I'm sure there are competing gaming laptop brands out there.

nkhaira

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT70-DOMINATOR-2293-9S7-1763A2-2293-17-3-Inch/dp/B00O4ORQ3C

That is one I recommend and I feel you will love.
Not only can this handle the games you want to play at max settings it can take games such as Battlefield 4 and I dont know if you plan on playing GTA V for PC but it can also run those games on high settings at 1080p
It includes a high end i7 CPU
a nVidia GTX 970m Close to that of the desktop version of a GTX970
8gb Ram
17.3in Full 1920x1080 Screen

I have the last gen GT70 with a GTX870m and its an absolute beast!
Runs games on 1080 and high settings solid 60fps+

Would not recommend buying a HP laptop for gaming as they tend to only have high end CPUs but Integrated Graphics

nkhaira

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

Definitely 1920x1080 and Ultra (Highest whatever they are called) Settings
Compared to the laptops you have been recommended above this is the One.
I really recommend this laptop its one of the Highest end laptops in the GTX970m Category
The only laptops better than this one are the ones with GTX980's which go around $2000

Total War Attila seems somewhat demanding based on required specifications on Steam
And I know personally that this laptop can run High End Demanding games like battlefield 4 on high/ultra settings with 60fps
So I dont think Total War Attila should be a problem at all
Here are some videos so you can check it out
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=msi+gt70+gtx+970m

Oh and the other laptops I do not really know they have GT Graphic cards which for laptops are quite old
Would not recommend if your budget is $1500 lol

MJE

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Thanks for link and I mite get that one but can some one just tell me if this one will play total war Attila I haven't had any one answer my question it is a asus touch screen 2 in 1 Q551LN it has a i7 core 8G of ram a NVIDIA GT 840 graphics card

king3pj

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

Like I said, it lists Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics as one of the required minimums. If it can run on the graphics built into an Intel CPU I'm sure it would run on a GT 840. That being said, I'm a desktop gamer. I don't know which desktop card a laptop 840 is eqivalent too. Yes, you will be able to run the game. I just don't know what settings you will be able to use.

nkhaira

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

Yah you could definitely run the game on the Mobile GT840 but as I said if your budget is $1500 the MSI GT70 gives you more breathing room and you can even play other high end games on high settings, plus you could play Total War Attila most likely maxed out on 1920x1080 if you wish because I think the GT840 passes minimum but not recommended