Hi, have a MotoX, locked for AT&T and has been imposible to unlock, any suggestions??

fsuc

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014
Summary: Have a locked AT&T MotoX (which works fine), but cant unlock it (on the web) to use with different carriers.

Full story:
Bought MotoX December 2013, At&T locked, (I live in Argentina) brought it home, inmediately went online, unlocked it and used it perfectly. Last August, suddenly the Wi-Fi antenna on the device failed. Was sent a (like) new replacement. This phone I cannot seem to have it unlocked. I have tried calling several times Motorola and AT&T, tried many different phone unlocking pages, and nothing works....

Any help??
Thanks!

fsuc

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

Thanks for the reply, but on what grounds could I return it? I mean, it works fine for AT&T....
What would you suggest?
Thanks again!

fwhyde

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
contact the manufacturer of the phone and ask them for the code to unlock your phone. If that does not work try going to metro pcs if you have that phone provider in your country. Hope this helps. l have two Sony locked at&tphones ( brand new ) nobody has been able to unlock them with the codes Sony supplied.
Good luck, hope this helps.

MONGO

fsuc

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

Hi, thanks for the reply!
I have spoken with Motorola several times, and they always tell me that I must speak with the carrier (AT&T), and they dont seem to help either. What have you done with your Sony phones? How does MetroPCS help?
Thanks again!

LittleChiChi

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
After weeks of searching online, I found this thread(without answer of course) but felt relieved that I am not the only one. I had the exact same issue, Moto X (2013) was able to unlock successfully first time. Due to damage, i got a replacement device, and I can't seem to unlock it.

Motorola kept saying its not in their power to unlock a device, AT&T is responsible for it (and rightly so, if motorola direcly starts unlocking customer's phones on customer's request, they will be in trouble. They must have a contract with AT&T).

Problem was with AT&T, they replied me saying "Unlock code can not be found, the phone is no longer actively supported." They just replied "Sorry but you can't unlock it"

Prasad_b4u

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
I had similar problem. I went to local cell pone repair shop. They unlocked my MOTO-x hard locked phone. Now, I am able to use it for any service provider. Try your local phone repair services.