Sprint Samsung S7 Edge is locked and can't get it unlocked to work on AT&T network

Status
Not open for further replies.

crbigfish

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
I have spent a week trying to unlock a sprint Samsung S7 Edge that I purchased from a sprint customer. I would never recommend a provider such as sprint who places such a lock on a phone that has the ability to be used on any network. I would expect this to hurt their future business. Why would any carrier do this with all the inefficiencies it creates? I have spent several hours on the phone with many different employees at sprint. Are their resources spent trying to resolve this type of issue really worth it?

They all tell me the same thing. The phone has been unlocked. When I plug in my AT&T Sim card the phone will not work. I have spent hours with AT&T also who have tried to help with no resolve due to the Sprint lock on the phone. I am extremely irritated that no one has been able to help me. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I purchased the phone 18 Dec 2017 and have tried every day all week to get it hooked up to the AT&T network for a Christmas present. Based on my experience with this sprint phone I will never purchase anything sprint and will never recommend sprint as a carrier unless they are able to provide immediate support to help unlock my phone so I can use it where I want.