hi i have a toshiba satelite c50-a0413 my drive crashed and the laptop wont read my usb it says no bootable media

lesliefo

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
laptop unable to read usb or windows cd says no boot media and pressing 0 also doesnt work
Is there settings in bios i should change

lesliefo

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

yes looked for the csm and uefi setting in bios under advance options but there is nothing only secure boot in security setting (disable) .even replaced the dvd rom

lesliefo

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
just to update . took another drive from my other toshiba laptop and put it in but with no luck same result.

lesliefo

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

well i don't know anymore ,i took out the drive reloaded win8.1 on similar toshiba then put it back in problem laptop and set harddrive as first boot ,diable secure boot but still "no boot device-restart system"
ANYONE PLEASE HELP

lesliefo

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

Thank you I also came to the conclusion that it's a power problem
The drive was able to boot in different laptops
I think the client is not totally honest as to what happened to the laptop

There is your issue, you can't move a drive from one model system and use it in another, in many cases it won't work. You need some details about exactly what you are doing here. This is not the same as not booting off USB.

Boot off Windows setup media, install it on the drive on that laptop, don't move it from system to system. Are you using a USB 2 port for this? Did you test the boot media in another system? What happens when you hit F12?

ffg7

Splendid
hang-the-9, using a hard drive with windows installed on another computer will not give you "no boot device-restart system" error message as windows will either do a bsod or loop start.

lesliefo, is the hard drive seen & identified in the bios?