hi i used to be able to watch tv through my laptop but now when i try i only get sound but no picture. can anyone help me plea

lizzie31

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
hi i used to be able to watch tv through my laptop but now i only get sound and no picture. i recently restored my factory settings and dont know if this has got anything to do with it. i have tried going into my display settings but still having no luck. thanks for any help i may get

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by connecting an external monitor the press the Windows key + P at the same time then select Duplicate display then observe if the same problem will happen.
- If the display will be normal on the external display that could mean that the built in display is faulty.
- What you can try is to make sure that the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard. Remove the ribbon cable on both ends the put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will not work unfortunately you'll need to replace it the LCD screen.
- But if the same problem will happen on the external display try to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's how: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Crys__Quean

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016

call me 'maybe' - more this sounds like a Demoware problem... as if to say: after the 'demo' period the wares revert to a lesser level of performance - there again, mayhap i wrong?