Hi I was wondering is this is a good laptop

MrZackrox

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
This is a laptop I am looking to get and I cant find anything about it really.

MSI 9S7-16H212-260

Laptop i7-4710HQ 2.5Ghz 15.6"
15.6" Anti-Glare
8GB DDR3 NO OPTICAL
1TB + 128SSD HDD
GeForce GT 860M 2GB
B/T 3USB 6 Cell Battery
Windows 8 64Bit

I have two options and the other is an apple mac.

MacBook Pro 15in Retina 2.2GHz

Intel Core i7 16GB 256GB SSD
NO OPTICAL DRIVE
256GB PCIe-based flash storage
Intel Iris Pro Graphics
Built-in battery (8 hours)
OSX Maverick

The laptop has to be able to run adobe programs and other intense programs. The main reason I am not going for the apple mac is because I am a windows guy. Though it might be time as I am on my way to becoming a designer and the whole industry uses macs. Then I do like to game a bit and will the apple computer be able to handle it?

Solution

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014

no the apple wont be able to handle the games because it does not have a good enough gpu however the windows machine is a very strong machine that should run just about any game on high or ultra on some and the more very demanding ones on medium settings ,, go with the one you think you will using the most .. apple = designing and windows = gaming

Solution

Gracodana

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

The windows laptop does have a beast of a cpu so I would say in any demanding programs that you want it will handle them as good as most mid to high range desktops. It will handle games no problem as well, the mac could run league and other low demanding games but nothing to intensive like bf4.

MrZackrox

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
Ok so I will go for the windows one even though the apple mac might be better for design. I have had a window for years now an I using it no problem with all the design stuff. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, not being able to game was the killer as I like to even though its only minecraft and other low level games as I haven't been able to play high range games on my current laptop.

Thanks again :)

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014

ok no problem bro

Gracodana

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

np happy to help out.