Hi there i am locking to change my gpu

suhasreddy

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi in my dell 15 7548 there is an intel 5500 graphics card instead of amd is it possible to change my intel graphics with amd.pls help me in this issue some or saying that graphucs is directly attached to motherboard so we need to change the motherboard for changing the graphics card in this case how much it would cost.whatever it may be i need to upgrade my graphics card

Solution
The Intel HD 5500 GPU is not a card, it's actually a graphics chip integrated on to the CPU, so that can't be changed.

However, the Dell 15 7548 also has a discrete graphics card which is an AMD Radeon R7 M270 or similar. which you are evidently unaware of.

By default, your laptop uses the Intel HD 5500 GPU, but you can configure specific applications & games to use the more powerful AMD GPU by making the relevant changes in the Catalyst Control Panel (an AMD utility you'll find in Windows Control Panel).

So there is no need to change the GPU or the motherboard. It's just a case of knowing what your laptop has inside it & how to set it up.

The Intel HD 5500 GPU is not a card, it's actually a graphics chip integrated on to the CPU, so that can't be changed.

However, the Dell 15 7548 also has a discrete graphics card which is an AMD Radeon R7 M270 or similar. which you are evidently unaware of.

By default, your laptop uses the Intel HD 5500 GPU, but you can configure specific applications & games to use the more powerful AMD GPU by making the relevant changes in the Catalyst Control Panel (an AMD utility you'll find in Windows Control Panel).

So there is no need to change the GPU or the motherboard. It's just a case of knowing what your laptop has inside it & how to set it up.

Solution