Hide and Search: Disconnect for Android Makes Online Searches Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali Dude

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
"Disconnect isn't a search engine in and of itself; you'll still technically be searching with Google, Bing, Yahoo, blekko, or DuckDuckGo.""Recently, the makers of the privacy-focused Blackphone announced that Disconnect would be the phone's default search tool."

ahnilated

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
"Today (March 25) the Paolo Alto-based company, which is also called Disconnect and was founded by former NSA and Google engineers, released updates to its app for Android phones as well as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari Browsers. "And we would trust the NSA or former NSA person why? They have proven they run over the constitution like it is toilet paper.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
"Today (March 25) the Paolo Alto-based company, which is also called Disconnect and was founded by former NSA and Google engineers, released updates to its app for Android phones as well as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari Browsers. "And we would trust the NSA or former NSA person why? They have proven they run over the constitution like it is toilet paper.
Call me a skeptic, but this guy has a point. The NSA has put more brown stains on the constitution in a week than it's browned due to aging since it was written.

das_stig

Distinguished
Servers based the US of Ass mean they can still be accessed by NSA and I bet they do have to keep some information for these scumbags to access. I wouldn't even put it past the NSA to be the backers behind the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.