High fan speed

collegeguy

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Hi , I bought a HP pavilion laptop a month ago,its a dv6-1215 (C2D 2.53 GHz p8700,4 Gb Ram ddr2 ,Ati 4650 1Gb gddr3 and 500 GB HDD 5400 rpm,everything was working fine until two or three days ago when i noticed that the fan speed and noise is higher than normal especially when I plug in the charger(I noticed that because when I bought it I barely could hear the fan working).One more thing happened about 10 days ago ,I was in a hurry to leave so I just closed the laptop without shutting it down thinking that it will go to sleep ,unfortunately it didnt and i put it in the case without knowing it didnt sleep :(,so after i came back 2 hours later the laptop was very hot.
any help will be appreciated :)
P.S: sorry if my english isnt that good ,its not my first language =)

collegeguy

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

Idle temp : 39-41
load temp: didnt test it but I will post it asap.
about the dust, idont think it is clogged cause its a new laptop ( I bought it a month ago).
I also upgraded the BIOS is that important regarding this issue?
Thanks for the Replay :)

frozenlead

Distinguished
Eh, you'd be surprised how much dust can get in that little heatsink in a month, depending on where you take your notebook. I'd clean it out anyway - it's free, why not?

HP modified most of their BIOSs to keep GPUs cooler for the 8400 and 8600 series cards, due to a manufacturing defect with them. They may have been lazy and applied it to your notebook as well. Did the fan speed start increasing after you'd applied the update?

Also, do you leave your notebook on high performance mode constantly? Or do you only use it when playing games?

collegeguy

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

ok i cleaned it and everything is Fine now Thanks alot =)