FantasyLovely

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Recently my Computers Hard drive broke so I pulled out my old computer to upgrade it from Windows Vista to Windows 7. When I plugged in the Speakers before the Update to watch a Tutorial on how there was only a slight static in the background(Which I think is because it was old) and after the Update any time I plug in any type of speaker(Headphones, Earbuds, my Speakers, etc) it emits a High Pitch Noise(Not static) from the Speakers instead of any other sound. Could it be a Driver Failure?

Solution

Again this COULD be your soundcard (which is integrated in your Motherboard). If u want to test your speakers your best bet would be connecting them to another PC. If the results are same then it's your speaker's problem, if not - then your Soundcard or Driver(unlikely)

vilikas55

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
I doubt this would be a Driver failure as you put it. IMO either your sound card is broken/unusable or it's not compatible with your OS because of age... How old was your computer that emmits this sound?

vilikas55

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015

Again this COULD be your soundcard (which is integrated in your Motherboard). If u want to test your speakers your best bet would be connecting them to another PC. If the results are same then it's your speaker's problem, if not - then your Soundcard or Driver(unlikely)

Solution