High Spec Laptop Crap fps only on minecraft.

Sep 2, 2018
Currently i'm having a problem with my laptop. I can't get over 60fps on a high spec laptop. Details below
Specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
Memory 32gbs
Gpu Nvidia gforce 1080
ssd 1tb
hdd 1tb
Display 4k

Ok, A couple of things before some of you jump to any conclusions. I know the laptop is overkill and I should of got a pc. This was my only option because of certain reasons.
Things Ive tryed and info:
Pc is running max performance in every setting possible. Battery options, nvidia options, nvidia control panel, etc
Ive tried to allocate more space to minecraft.
Ive changed resolution 1080, no change
Im using optifine
Watched countless videos and followed the tutorials.
Temps dont go high
Computer runs all other games fine, for example I play ark on epic/high settings and i get more fps then i get on minecraft.
All Drivers are up to date, that also includes java and minecraft
Tried reinstalling java and minecraft
None of this is doing anything.
also im not a scrub, no vsyn or capped fps

Were not here to debate pcs and why this is overkill on a laptop.
Thanks for the help appreciate it!

Language edited.
Ad hominem can easily be avoided.
Moderator.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Splendid
If you're tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers and also making sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date, you can try reinstalling the game since it's the only title in your post that seems to have the problem. See if disabling/removing OptiFine changes your experience on Minecraft.

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks both of you for the quick responses, The system bios is up to date. I've tried reinstalling Minecraft, java, and my GPU drivers. None of that helped. Currently, I'm a little busy so when I get a chance I'll try your solution @Phillip Corcoran