High spec laptop lagging in games - ASUS ROG G56JK

MathiasGren

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
Hello

As said in the title I have an ASUS ROG G56JK laptop that i bought a few mouths back. I seems to be a good laptop with good specs and I was really happy about it. In the beginning there was no problem running games like CS:GO, Skyrim (basically all games i own) on mid to high settings with a good Framerate. I play mostly CS:GO and started to notice huge frame drop even though i try to set all settings to low. Before i could run CS:GO with 100-350 fps, without any problems but now i only run about 30-40 fps and sometimes it even drops below.. I first thought that my computer was infected or something, so i tried to format it. It did not solve the problem and now I jsut realized that it is basically in any games that i run on low/laggy framerates even though I try to run the game on lowest possible settings. :(

I have also tried to force the game/programs to run on the Nvidia graphics but it makes no difference.

My laptop specs:
Intel i7 2.40GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 850M
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1

Hope someone have the answer to my problem because it is really annoying..

MathiasGren

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015

Yes it could. But i have no problem with downloading and when i am playing offline games like Skyrim I get really bad laggy framerates.. :( I am thinking of getting it returned, but the problem is that i'm near exams.

MathiasGren

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015

It is from the ASUS ROG series, so it is a gaming computer with power. It does not run that hot, even though it is cold it still runs with a bad framerate. I already tried a cleanup on windows, where it uninstall all apps and programs and configurate windows back to normal but it did not help.

MathiasGren

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015

It seems to be working fine. But thanks for the respons.

Is the issue solved?

passienter

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014

Yes this could be the solution. I had this problem too with my MSI Ge70 2Pe Pro Apache, I thought i bought a shit computer because i'm sortof a noob.

So maybe you should look in your NVIDIA Control panel and select it to always use your GTX 850m.