Hipstreet Tablet won't turn on.

PoisonFlame

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
Hi,
So I have this hipstreet tablet. I accidentally used a 12V charger due to this Insignia AC adapter having multiple voltage settings and I accidentally cranked it all the way upto 12 and the tablet turned off. I unplugged right away but the tablet is now not loading up. I've tried charging with other chargers and it seems like its not going ot load.. The batter ywas 70% before the event.

Is there anything I can do or is this goodbye to the tablet?

Thanks

If tablet wont turn back on then it is fried and there is nothing you can do.

I do not recommend adjustable voltage chargers for any task outside of labs/bench-testing for people who know what they are doing.
I have seen many of those "generic" it will work-ish power adapters completely fry laptop motherboards.

The proper power supply, the one mad by (or at least made for) your OEM, to your device is usually available at a reasonable price, you just have to look for it.

PoisonFlame

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
Thanks so much for the reply. I was still wondering if there was any way to check if the entire thing was fried or not because I was reading online where some threads talking about a fuse-like mechanism where something small which is easily replaceable breaks instead of the entire motherboard frying. I guess maybe taking it to a repair shop and asking them might help with that since you don't have physical view of the device.

Also, I ordered this a few days ago online and didnt notice it was like this. I was only going for the adapter because it was suggested to work on this device.

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS