HISENSE 50h6d will not come on after storm

Aug 16, 2018
Hisense 50h6d with power supply board 214274 will not power on after a storm. My security system that was connected through HDMI to this tv also stopped working. Thankfully after replacing the power wall plugs and using a different tv, same model, it worked. Tv still dead. T.v. was plugged directly into the wall. My son is tech savvy, in college for electrical engineering. He also builds robots. I know he can fix it if I purchased what it needs but I can't figure out the right things, if any, to buy. I know it's not just the cord like with the security system, could it be? Power supply board? Fuse? Main board? Possible place to purchase items? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I think the better suggestion for this is, if your television is still under warranty, contact HiSense because there is a big chance that there are parts that needs to be replaced, or if not under warranty and you mentioned that your son has an idea on fixing it, open the board of the television and look for the possible part that is short circuit.

paulchezter

Notable
Aug 11, 2018
I think the better suggestion for this is, if your television is still under warranty, contact HiSense because there is a big chance that there are parts that needs to be replaced, or if not under warranty and you mentioned that your son has an idea on fixing it, open the board of the television and look for the possible part that is short circuit.

Solution