Solved! Ho pavilion g6 1a75dx no backlight

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018
Just replaced the display on my HP pavilion laptop model 1a75dx. I have no backlight. I replaced the hard drive also. So none of the driver are installed. Also had to reseat the ram stick as I was getting a neat boot loop. But not it goes to the windows installation screen. I just have to use a flashlight to see it. My old display is all craked. But it doesn't light up either so my problem lies somewhere else. Does this laptop have an inverter that could be bad ? Also can't get an external display to work. Not sure why my guess is it's a driver issue

Check if the flexible cable is connected tightly inside the socket.

connect an external monitor
In windows press "windows" + "P" and release to get a dialog up, press these hotkeys again to clone your desktop to the external monitor. Might take up to 5 seconds to enable the connection to the monitor

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018

And then what? What exactly is the supposed to do

Didn´t see that no windows is installed yet, very difficult to read what you mean with all these typos ;)

I think your new display is faulty, if the connection cable is intact
There is no inverter to buy for this laptop so I think there is none and it´s implemented in the display itself.

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018

Sorry about that lol my backlight works when it's plugged into the charger I just plugged it in and everything was good so idk what the deal is.

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018
Now it flickers when not plugged into the charger. I have windows put on it. Had to use a disc I had fir my main PC so it's not registered. I thought these prebuilt laptops had a os installed on the bios? And no I don't have the recovery disc.

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from rodknee1231 : "Hp laptop display backlight flickers"

Hey guys so I just replaced the display on my laptop after it had been broken for some time. Also replaced the hdd. Turn it on to install Windows and the backlight doesn't work at all. At this point the charger isn't plugged in. So I go to plug in the charger and it starts working. Cool! Unplug it after the battery is charged and the backlight is super dim and sort of flickering. And help would be great thanks

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018
Well not it's working I think there may have been a bad driver or loose connection in the charger. I plugged and unplugged the charger about 6 times then it brightened up and has worked since. But there was updates being installed at that point in time also.

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018

Quite possibly the case I'm gonna see if acts up but hasn't so far

rodknee1231

Great
Apr 4, 2018
And it's taking back. Middle of watching a video the screen start flickering tmi then got a blue screen and the computer restarted. Battery connection? Do these have inverters ?