Hollywood: Next iPad Screen Will Be Fully 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
iPad/Apple rumors from unnamed sources are a dime a dozen....

I think it's very unlikely Apple will add such a gimmick unless they've found a 3D technology that doesn't give people headaches.

It's more likely that the next iPad is going to have a "retina display" with a 2048x1536 resolution. But I think even that's unlikely.

shawnoneill

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2002
It could be implemented using the face tracking software. No special 3D screen needed for that. Of course, it would only look right to 1 user at a time but that is mostly how iPads are used.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
how do you touch a 3d icon sticking out at you? Also, i bet ipad 4, 5 and 6 are released within a year. Seriously, not long after the ipad 1 came out, they are already moving on to 3. by the time an Ipad is available to buy its already a superseeded model. how the f*ck does that work apple?

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Wow, almost as much spam as there are real comments. Who cares about this garbage, I don't want any clothes and I doubt that many of the other Tom's readers do.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]Wow, almost as much spam as there are real comments. Who cares about this garbage, I don't want to buy any clothes and I doubt that many of the other Tom's readers do.[/citation]
Fixed.

G

If Apple decides to include 3D capability in a future iPad, it will be done perfectly as in everything else Apple does. There is no need for Apple knockers to worry their socks off over what will happen and how it will happen. The only certainty is that Apple will always keep ahead of the competition and they will always be left scrambling for market share. Apple completely dominates this space and the rest have to follow whats left of the market for them and that isn't going to be very much, too little, in fact to compete.

zkevwlu

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
[citation][nom]John Whelan - Australia[/nom]If Apple decides to include 3D capability in a future iPad, it will be done perfectly as in everything else Apple does. There is no need for Apple knockers to worry their socks off over what will happen and how it will happen. The only certainty is that Apple will always keep ahead of the competition and they will always be left scrambling for market share. Apple completely dominates this space and the rest have to follow whats left of the market for them and that isn't going to be very much, too little, in fact to compete.[/citation]

Yeah, and that's why Android is obliterating Apple in the Smartphone front, MS still dominating on the PC front, and soon Apple will lose significant market share to the companies that don't price their tablets at ridiculous prices.

The only thing Apple has ever been good at is capitalizing on idiots willing to pay mad premiums on worthless hardware just because they're Apple.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
How the hell can they get a patent for "three-dimensional display system?" 3D TV makers and Nintendo would probably have something to say about that. Also that patent is way too vague.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]John Whelan - Australia[/nom]If Apple decides to include 3D capability in a future iPad, it will be done perfectly as in everything else Apple does. There is no need for Apple knockers to worry their socks off over what will happen and how it will happen. The only certainty is that Apple will always keep ahead of the competition and they will always be left scrambling for market share. Apple completely dominates this space and the rest have to follow whats left of the market for them and that isn't going to be very much, too little, in fact to compete.[/citation]
You are saying it wrong.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]it's very unlikely Apple will add such a gimmick unless they've found a 3D technology that doesn't give people headaches.[/citation]

3D doesn't give you headaches. You're just using it wrong.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]Yeah, and that's why Android is obliterating Apple in the Smartphone front, MS still dominating on the PC front, and soon Apple will lose significant market share to the companies that don't price their tablets at ridiculous prices.The only thing Apple has ever been good at is capitalizing on idiots willing to pay mad premiums on worthless hardware just because they're Apple.[/citation]
Market domination has nothing to do with making the best product. Toyotas aren't better than Mercedes just because they sell more.
Apple still sells more smartphones than all other manufacturers except Nokia.

btw: Since when does the iPad have an ridiculous price? The cheapest comparable tablet is the asus eeepad costing $100 less. The samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 costs the same as the iPad, the Motorola Xoom is even more expensive...
Hell. RIM priced their 7" playbook at the same price as the iPad.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]Yeah, and that's why Android is obliterating Apple in the Smartphone front, MS still dominating on the PC front, and soon Apple will lose significant market share to the companies that don't price their tablets at ridiculous prices.[/citation]
Huh? What ARE YOU talking about? iPad starts at $480, XOOM starts at $600 Playbook at $500... with a much smaller 7" screen vs 10" on the iPad. And the RIM Playbook is still pretty much beta-software with NO email or contact. When the GalaxyTab hit the market with its 7" screen, it was $600! After iPad2 hits the street - its reduced to $450.

They are STILL selling out of iPad2s when there are PLENTY of Galaxies, Xooms, sitting on the shelves. But, looks like Asus' Transformer tablet is actually selling well at $400. (Sold out at BestBuy).

When you compare Android phones to the iPhone, keep in mind this fact: There is only 1 company, Apple that makes and sells iPhones. While there are at least 10+ companies selling Android Phones.

As an owner of a Samsung Galaxy and an iPad... I'd say the support and function of Android and Samsung is... behind. Android does some pretty stupid crap. Its Swipe/touch sometimes doesn't work when it should... great screen and great looks is about it.

I will NEVER buy another Samsung phone again.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]how do you touch a 3d icon sticking out at you? Also, i bet ipad 4, 5 and 6 are released within a year. Seriously, not long after the ipad 1 came out, they are already moving on to 3. by the time an Ipad is available to buy its already a superseeded model. how the f*ck does that work apple?[/citation]

Please stop talking.. Your spelling and over-the-top opinions are going to make my brain bleed.

[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]Yeah, and that's why Android is obliterating Apple in the Smartphone front, MS still dominating on the PC front, and soon Apple will lose significant market share to the companies that don't price their tablets at ridiculous prices.The only thing Apple has ever been good at is capitalizing on idiots willing to pay mad premiums on worthless hardware just because they're Apple.[/citation]

You too, friend. Get all the facts, then get back to us.

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]What's it like having your head so far up Steve's ass?[/citation]

I don't know.. What's it like having your head so far up Steve Ballmer's ass? You are no better. Or am I wrong, and you head is actually up Torvalds instead? ;)

[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]You are saying it wrong.[/citation]

Say the crysis thing, you know, about the can, and playing, while you are being soooo original.

[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]3D doesn't give you headaches. You're just using it wrong.[/citation]

Ugh.. brain bleeding from stupidity.. See above statement.

[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Big Post[/citation]
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Bigger Post[/citation]

+20. Apple is doing a fantastic job. Whether or not the tablet thing is just a fad.. It wouldn't be what it is today without Apple. Neither would the smartphone market. Apple is a game changer, whether some of you idiots want to man up and acknowledge it. But that's asking far too much of PC elitists.

Status
Not open for further replies.