Home Sound System

Aug 21, 2018
I have a wired sound system in my house, there are four speakers in the living room, and two out on the back porch, the main controls are in a bedroom closet that is far away from the living room TV, I was wondering if there was a product that I can plug into or adapt to the main controls and then something to connect to the tv so it can be used for the living room, would something like a fm transmitter work or some other specific product or is it possible at all? Thanks!

Solution
Does "main controls" mean there is a receiver or amp in the bedroom closet?
If you connect a bluetooth transmitter to the TV and a receiver to the "main controls" then the TV sound would play through the speakers. Problem is there may be a delay which will drive you crazy. You would not be able to control the volume of the TV with the TV remote. If you have an in wall volume control that would be the volume control.That could be another problem. You would not get surround sound either.
A soundbar might be a simpler solution.
Does "main controls" mean there is a receiver or amp in the bedroom closet?
If you connect a bluetooth transmitter to the TV and a receiver to the "main controls" then the TV sound would play through the speakers. Problem is there may be a delay which will drive you crazy. You would not be able to control the volume of the TV with the TV remote. If you have an in wall volume control that would be the volume control.That could be another problem. You would not get surround sound either.
A soundbar might be a simpler solution.

Solution