Home theater connection issues

Alex_75

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
I have an old home theater system from panasonic.It includes the 5 small speakers,a subwoofer and a DVD player.When I set the DVD player to TV (choosing between AUX TV DVD/CD AM FM)i cannot see anything.The system is connected to the tv only through a SCART cable in the AV1 port.I cant see anything when I switch to AV1 on TV.I am sure the system works because i can see an image when i set it to DVD/CD,but i can`t access the menu from there.Any help is appreciated!

Solution
Even though the scart connection supports audio in and out your TV may not work that way as AV1 would only be an input and would not have audio out from the TV to the HTS. It sounds like you need to add that connection from the TV audio output to the TV input on the HTS.
To watch a DVD (or see the HTS menus) you would select DVD on the HTS and AV1 on the TV
To watch TV you select TV on the HTS and whatever you want to watch on the TV.
Even though the scart connection supports audio in and out your TV may not work that way as AV1 would only be an input and would not have audio out from the TV to the HTS. It sounds like you need to add that connection from the TV audio output to the TV input on the HTS.
To watch a DVD (or see the HTS menus) you would select DVD on the HTS and AV1 on the TV
To watch TV you select TV on the HTS and whatever you want to watch on the TV.

Solution