Home Theatre in ceiling speakers suggestions

amitpunjabi86

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hello All,

I am setting up a 5.1 home theatre with in ceiling speakers. Unfortunately i have a False ceiling internal space of only 7 inches which leaves me with speaker height of maximum 6 inches. I also have a limitation of the diameter to below 9 inches because of my false ceiling design. Please advise me which LCR angled speakers and surround speakers i should go for which has a depth of 6 inches or lower. I am using Denon AV receiver model number AVRX1400. I can change the receiver if the situation requires. Appreciate your help in advance. Thank you.

Solution
I don't think you are going to find an angled speaker with that small in diameter. It just takes more space to aim the speakers forward rather than down. There aren't that many to choose from and to make them that small the woofer would have to be 3-4" which won't play loud enough or go low enough.
Pretty much any in ceiling speaker should work since 6" is the standard ceiling space. They assume you have 1/2" drywall so that is added to the total depth.
Angled LCRs are definitely the right way to go for the 3 fronts.
Paradigm makes some models. Make sure to get the same speakers for the front. You can save some money with less expensive surround speakers.
https://www.paradigm.com/products-current/type=inceiling
Get the best speakers you can afford and upgrade the receiver later

amitpunjabi86

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017

amitpunjabi86

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you for reply . I forgot to mention one thing. I have a limitation of the speaker dimension to below 9 inches. Because of my false ceiling design that is the maximum space I have to fit my ceiling speakers. Please guide. Thanks

I don't think you are going to find an angled speaker with that small in diameter. It just takes more space to aim the speakers forward rather than down. There aren't that many to choose from and to make them that small the woofer would have to be 3-4" which won't play loud enough or go low enough.

Solution