Home Theatre system setup

Jun 3, 2018
Hi,

I have a make shift home theatre system that I got set up working but just moved and for the life of me I cannot remember how I had it all configured.
I have a sony STR-K502P receiver, Pioneer HTP102-SW and 4 speakers. 2 left and right and 2 surround sound. My issue is that I cannot remember how to cable the subwoofer into the receiver because the subwoofer has 8 connections 4 inputs and 4 outputs and the receiver only has 1 subwoofer audio out port?

The 4 outputs on the subwoofer are connected to the front left and right speakers so do they need to connect to the receiver?

Any help would be appreciated!

Your sub is passive so it can't be connected to the line level sub out of the receiver. Connect it as follows:
Receiver front speaker outputs to the inputs of the sub. Outputs of the sub connect to your front L/R speakers.
Receiver rear speaker outputs to the rear speakers.
Receiver speaker menu should be set for large front, no center, small surrounds, no sub.

jay32267

Admirable
Usually in your situation (from what I can tell)...you send a left and right powered signal to the subwoofer (that's 4 wires). Two speakers come off the subwoofer (that's the other 4 wires).

I'm guessing you didn't use the suboofer audio out port on the receiver.

Your sub is passive so it can't be connected to the line level sub out of the receiver. Connect it as follows:
Receiver front speaker outputs to the inputs of the sub. Outputs of the sub connect to your front L/R speakers.
Receiver rear speaker outputs to the rear speakers.
Receiver speaker menu should be set for large front, no center, small surrounds, no sub.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
H Audio 3
S Audio 3
S Audio 1
T Audio 3
P Audio 1
V Audio 1
K Audio 2
B Audio 2
B Audio 1
Q Audio 1