Hooking up an equalizer to an amp

matei_adrian_93

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Hi

I want to play music from my laptop through an equalizer that connects to an amp, and I'm not sure how to connect them. The equalizer is an American Audio XEQ-152 dual channel and the amplifier is Technics SU-VX500. My problem is that I'm not really sure how to connect the laptop's 3.5 jack output to the equalizer's input, since it uses either a 1/4" jack or a 3-pin XLR for both input and output.

Thanks in advance!

Or you can connect the EQ to one of the tape input/outputs on the amp.
Tape record out to EQ input.
EQ output to Tape playback
That way it works on every input not just the PC. You would set the input selector to the tape input and select your source with the record out knob. Standard RCA cables are all you need.

Or you can connect the EQ to one of the tape input/outputs on the amp.
Tape record out to EQ input.
EQ output to Tape playback
That way it works on every input not just the PC. You would set the input selector to the tape input and select your source with the record out knob. Standard RCA cables are all you need.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dh100592 Audio 0
Smackiepipe Audio 6
Askalpone Audio 0
C Audio 1
G Audio 1
S Audio 2
S Audio 2
A Audio 4
Null895 Audio 1
F Audio 2
F Audio 3
klockem Audio 0
B Audio 1
R Audio 1
A Audio 1
L Audio 5
J Audio 7
M Audio 3
E Audio 2
P Audio 2
Similar threads
Question How can I hook up power book shelf speakers an speaker towers that are speaker wire
Question Inherited a Bose Lifestyle 20 (subwoofer & 2 speakers). Can I hook this to non-Bose audio source (like Vizio TV)?
Question Hooking up older DVD player to Smart TV
Question How can you hook up a Samsung subwoofer to a BW LED SPK M speaker to the back of my computer tower?
Question I need help hooking up my blu ray player to the soundbar?
Solved! Computer is hooked up to monitor with HDMI to VGA adapter... Can I have audio or....?
Solved! How to hook up Bose. Tv speaker to Sharp Aquos LC-42D64U
Solved! Hooking up an active subwoofer to A/V receiver
Solved! How can hook up an old receiver to my TV and at audio
Solved! HELP: How to hook up TVEars Analog to Samsung Smart TV, w/no Audio Out or Earphones
Question Sennheiser RS160 & Yamaha TSR7850 Zone 2 Hook-up?
Question How can I hook aftermarket kdc-mp625 kenwood inline with factory head unit. Can I use rca to aux cable and plug it into the aux jack in my truck?
814-s re mix eg 1500 equalizer hook up
How do I hook up my equalizer to my Denon AVR 1610 amplifier
I have AJVC surround sound system model TH - M606/TH - M603I wanted to know if I could hook up a rock ville equalizer to the s
How do you hook up equalizer Behringer 1502 to VSX-1021?
how to hook up Tapedeck/Equalizer/turntable to digital Yamaha receiver
PC hooked up to tube amp: Sound card for equalizer software?
how do i hook up two receivers and a dual tape deck to a equalizer.
how do you hook-up equalizer to pioneer vsx-522 receiver?

ASK THE COMMUNITY