hooking up soundbar

bjb748

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
I hooked up my Samsung soundbar HW-K850 to the LG tv (2012 year) with the audio cable. I hooked the Direct Tv directly to the tv and the bluray to the soundbar directly with a hdmi cable. I am not getting any sound out of the player to the soundbar. What do I need to do to get sound?

Solution
Was the audio cable you used a Toslink optical audio cable?
If so then you may need to turn the TV optical audio output on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu system, Check the manual.
If it's not an optical cable then you may have tried to connect the input of the soundbar with an audio input on the TV. We can't check that your TV has headphone or analog audio out without the model number.
Was the audio cable you used a Toslink optical audio cable?
If so then you may need to turn the TV optical audio output on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu system, Check the manual.
If it's not an optical cable then you may have tried to connect the input of the soundbar with an audio input on the TV. We can't check that your TV has headphone or analog audio out without the model number.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS