Horizontal lines on my Computer Screen

Nithin Johnson

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
I don't know what the problem is. I started to see horizontal lines on my computer screen. I don't know if it's a virus or driver error or monitor problem. I see these horizontal lines at the very beginning of the start up, even in bios.
I first thought there could be a problem in my display cable so I tired removing it and re connected, when i removed the displace cable, I could still see that horizontal lines.
Please reply to this.
(Sorry if I'm not so specific)

Lutfij

Splendid
You've posted this thread in the laptop tech support section which leads me to ask, was that by accident or was that intentional? If by accident, then can you please state your full system's specs inclusive of your OS and monitor? If intentional, can you please pass on the make and model of your laptop?

Have you made sure your laptop BIOS is up to date? Have you made sure your drivers are equally up to date?

Nithin Johnson

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
Sorry, posted to the laptop tech section by mistake.
My os is Windows 10 64 bit.
Moniter is Dell.
Graphic driver is Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
I tried to use Intel Driver Update Utility and found an update for the Chipset Driver Software, but I couldn't install it cause during the installation it was saying "Failure- Unknown Error".
Tried Drivermax and it says everything up-to-date.