Horizontal stripes in LED TV screen because of lack of brightness of pixels

FastFooties

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
Hello reader,

I have a 42 inch LED TV screen from Samsung (UE40EH6030) which shows horizontal stripes because those stripes lack the brightness which other pixels have. These stripes are all the way across the screen. I think the problem is caused by the HDMI cable I have connected to the TV screen an occasionally insert into my laptop. Because it started with two stripes but now a have six in 1,5 years. In the test image I don't see these stripes, but this might be because it is quite difficult to see at times although I have looked several times and found nothing. Thus far I have tried updating the firmware, resetting to factory settings, and reinstalling firmware. Because I don't see the stripes in test image I assume it is a software problem, but I really would like to hear your ideas about this and a possible fix.

Kind regards,

Mathijs

If you think it's the HDMI cable, did you try another one? They are easy enough to find. Do the lines show up for all sources? I don't mean the test image, but I mean from your cable/sattelite box, from a DVD player, from a computer, etc... do all those show the same lines?

FastFooties

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
I have tried other HDMI ports as well. The lines always show up. I have bumped into the TV screen on the side a few times, can it be that it is caused by the bumps? If you think so can you provide me with a more technical description please.

If the lines show up in all sources with different cables, the issue is with the scree, you'll have to have someone check the LCD screen connections at least, and possibly will need to replace the screen. Does moving TV around or pushing on the bezel near where the lines are fix them?