Hotmail home wi-fi security leak

Isfio

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
Hi

I would like to ask you for advise regarding leaked e-mails.

I exchanged few emails with my friend, we both have Hotmail account, she was writing them from Nokia WP 8.1, connected to home wifi. Next day later we found out that these e-mails were sent to someone who also lives in the house, has admin access to home wi-fi.
We knew that one would spy on us, she changed password to hotmail at uni, then went home, connected to wi-fi, confirmed new password in Nokia. Few hours later we wrote few mentioned e-mails.
I have no idea how this could be prevented and how this happened. Could someone who work for internet provider give away these e-mails? Or is it possible to hack home wi-fi that somehow you can monitor traffic and filter e-mails? I was checking Hotmail settings, there dont seem to be option to secretly sending copies to another e-mail.

Her phone locks itself, it is password protected, password to Hotmail was changed as well.
Any idea what could go wrong?

Many thanks for any idea
Peter

Solution
Change the passwords on the Hotmail accounts. Also, make sure the wifi is security is set to WPA2 with AES, and has a strong password. Should eliminate this from happening again.