How can I add a bluray player to home theater, TV and sat?

Llanita

Honorable
Jan 30, 2015
My home theatre's DVD player doesn't work, so I would like to add a bluray player to the setup so I can play DVDs. My sat and home theater are connected to TV via HDMI. How can I add bluray to this so that I can get the DVDs sound through home theater?
My sound system only has 1 HDMI plugin and that's hooked up to TV. Can I hook things up differently so that I can have all 4 together?

Solution
Yes I have a HDMI Switch for my Home Theatre. I use one of IOGEARS HDMI Switch. I think i have this one http://www.iogear.com/product/GHDSW4KIT/
If your HTiB is connected to your TV with HDMI for dvd playback and you have another connection (usually optical audio) that gets the sound from the TV to the HTiB then you no longer need to connect it to the TV with the HDMI connection. Just connect the bluray to the TV HDMI you were using before.
If you are using ARC (audio return channel) to get the sound from the TV to the HTiB and video to the TV then just use the switch on the other input. Your TV will only have ARC on one of the HDMI inputs.

Llanita

Honorable
Jan 30, 2015
I appreciate your help but I have no idea what you just said. What is HTiB? All I know is the home theater and the sat box are connect ted to TV with HDMI. The bluray player has HDMI cable and the wires with the 3 colored plugs..red, yellow and white.
The blue ray is not connected to anything right now.

Llanita

Honorable
Jan 30, 2015
I googled HTiB...(who knew) lol...I'm was goint to post a pic of the back of my tv but I don't see an option for photos. Anyway, all I have in the back are just 2 HDMI cables and TV power. One HDMI from home theater and one from sat dish.
The bluray has the 3 colored plugs, red, yellow and white and its not connected to anything yet.