How can I back-up app data for a secondary user on Nexus 7 before it is wiped

emanation33

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015
My son's nexus 7 needs fixing, I have to send it off and they will probably need to do a factory reset. I am owner and main user, he has a user account that I have to allow apps to be usable from my account. I have found Helium, which backs up from my user fine, but he has loads of game hours logged up on his favorite games and I can't seem to find a way to back up his progress. I am not someone brave enough to read about and try "rooting" etc just want a simple way to back his stuff up without voiding my warranty. Thanks in advance

Solution
Game data for tablet and phone games are pretty much always stored with the account used to purchase the game. You should not have to do anything special for that. You can easily test it, borrow a tablet, sign into to the Google store with the account used, install the game and see if the progress gets downloaded.

emanation33

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015

This is what I want to know, I can't for the life of my find out or work out how to to that, as he is a restricted user , only my account seems to be usable in the main user account even though I can allow apps for him to use there is no way in his environment that I can find to set up his own account to save his actual game data too - so frustrating! :??:

Game data for tablet and phone games are pretty much always stored with the account used to purchase the game. You should not have to do anything special for that. You can easily test it, borrow a tablet, sign into to the Google store with the account used, install the game and see if the progress gets downloaded.

Solution