Solved! Wi-Fi cut off by Spectrum - I can "have it back for $5.00 a month??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2022
Today, (03/25/22) when I tried to get on-line (newer ASUS laptop) my Wi-Fi signal was not present. I rebooted/reset 4X..called Spectrum support and was told the "free signal" (I am a paying/up to date customer for internet and cable) was NO longer available? I have their modem and my own NetGear ROUTER .. I was told the signal could be "released" again for $5.00 a month. <<>> Has anyone experienced this situation?? I had a long Cat5 cable that I plugged in the router and into the laptop while the service person was on the phone, and woohoo.. I have internet connection, but no Wi-Fi. Being "cabled" to the router is not what I want. IS this legal? Is there a way around it? They really ** me off... HELP!!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022
I'm confused, Why would you own the modem but rent a router from them? Are you sure you're not mixing the two up? Other companies charge you for wifi if you rent their gear. You need to decide if owning your own wifi router is worth it.

\Yes I am... the modem was free and I own the router....

Does YOUR Netgear router have Wi-Fi capabilities? If so, then that is the WiFi network you need to be connecting to and Spectrum would be none the wiser.

Wall Outlet --> coaxial --> Modem --> Ethernet --> WiFi Enabled Router --))) WiFi enabled devices.

-Wolf sends

Mar 25, 2022
Does YOUR Netgear router have Wi-Fi capabilities? If so, then that is the WiFi network you need to be connecting to and Spectrum would be none the wiser.

Wall Outlet --> coaxial --> Modem --> Ethernet --> WiFi Enabled Router --))) WiFi enabled devices.

-Wolf sends

Thanks... this is the exact set-up I have... I have had WiFi for years... then one day...no more.. My NetGear router is WiFi enabled and has been .. .. the signal just disappeared and Spectrum said the could restore it for $5 a month?? Is it possible for Spectrum to block the WiFi or send a signal that is not WiFi able?

THANKS!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.