Solved! How can I connect a cable to a DVD with out a converter box

kanewolf

Splendid
I am guessing you don't have a coax connector on your TV. DVD players don't have them either. You need a device with a tuner. You can buy stand alone tuner boxes that connect to your TV via HDMI. Or you could get a box from your cable provider.

kanewolf

Splendid
I am guessing you don't have a coax connector on your TV. DVD players don't have them either. You need a device with a tuner. You can buy stand alone tuner boxes that connect to your TV via HDMI. Or you could get a box from your cable provider.

If you buy a tuner it will need to be one that supports QAM. The number of channels will be limited to the ones that the cable service doesn't encode. May not be any. Even if you could buy the correct make and model of cable box on most services it won't work without the permission of the cable company. Call your cable provider for options.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Streaming Video & TVs 3
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
How to connect my Sony DVD player model HCD-DX150 to my new Samsung tv model UN50NU6950 using component cable green blue red
Solved! Connect roku with male hdmi to coax 75 ohm tv input (adapter)?
Solved! Connected TV to PC with HDMI to USB cable nothing
Solved! Soundbar Connect to Receiver
I connected DVD w/ red/green/blue cable to converter box to samsung smart tv via HDMI cable, picture quality terrible. No tru
Last person using tv in motel, connected a fire stick for gaming. Now the universal remote doesn’t work properly - how to f
how to gate sound output for sony projector for connect hdmi cable for laptop
Connecting a combo DVD/VCR player
Solved! How can I connect my Comcast cable to my Sony sound bar if I don't have HDMI or optical
My Samsung tv won’t connect to wi fi it asks for a dongle or LAN cable
I have philips HTS3265 to connect my mi smart which cable can i use ஏ plain with images
HDMI cable connect to Samsung TV
Can i connect my older model flat screet to my phone with hdmi but i got hdmi hooked up to my cable converter box to tv
How do I connect my Samsung H6500 to my analog Audiolab 8000S AMP ? Which cable do I need to buy ? I know I'll need a converte
How do I connect PS4 slim to Samsung HT-X30 surround system. I purchased an hdmi arc converter to use the optical cable with b
How do I connect my laptop to my TV using a VGA cable and converter to HDMI?
Trying to connect non HDMI tv to tivo. got Analog to HDMI converter cable but nothing is happeneing. Help!
How do I connect/convert my antenna (Mohu Leaf) via HDMI cables to my TV?
the fiber optic cable connected to the TV and to the Bose 321 system
How to connect my blu ray to my old hdtv with a cable box & I a hdmi converter cord since tv is rga?

ASK THE COMMUNITY