Solved! How can I do Slow motion with the Sony Nex-7?

Jun 23, 2018
Hi, it has been a while since i have bought this camera and I still cant figure out how to do Slow Motion. I put my camera settings to AVCHD 60i 17M with the shutterspeed at 1/125. theoratically, it is supposed to shoot 60 fps but when i transfer my files to my computer and that I check the properties of the videos, it says that they are at 29 fps.

How can I keep my video at 60 fps?

Thank you

Solution
That 60i (interlaced) is not the same as 60p (progressive). Interlaced in this case is 60 interlaced images per second. Each interlaced image is 1/2 of a complete image and thus 30 (29.97) whole images per second. Progressive video at 60p records 60 complete images per second.

According to the manual to shoot 60p you need to change the movie setting to 28M (PS)
Image Size>Movie>Record Setting
That 60i (interlaced) is not the same as 60p (progressive). Interlaced in this case is 60 interlaced images per second. Each interlaced image is 1/2 of a complete image and thus 30 (29.97) whole images per second. Progressive video at 60p records 60 complete images per second.

According to the manual to shoot 60p you need to change the movie setting to 28M (PS)
Image Size>Movie>Record Setting

Solution