How can I enable Loudness Equalization on my HP Notebook 14?

iam480p

Estimable
Oct 18, 2017
Hi. I have a HP Notebook 14 BS072TX with an Intel Core i5 7200u CPU and an AMD Radeon R5 M330 GPU. The driver for the audio is from Realtek (Realtek High Definition Audio). The speaker on this laptop is very low especially when playing a game. The only fix that I can think of is the Loudness Equalization enhancement in the properties of this speaker.

The problem is, there is no enhancement tab on the properties of the playback devices. There is only General, Levels, and Advanced. There is no Realtek Audio Manager either. My other laptop, which is an ASUS X540LA has that enhancements.

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
The only thing I can think of is
make a restore point (don't skip this)
Install the actual driver package from realtek and see if it gives you the full application suite from the on board sound
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/ (choose high definition audio codecs, there's a down load package for win 10 version is R2.82)

If it causes problems, move back to the restore point. It shouldn't, but if it does you'll be covered.

iam480p

Estimable
Oct 18, 2017

Hi. I installed the driver package that you suggested. Unfortunately, it still doesn't have an enhancements tab upon restarting :/