How can i fix my Youtube channel/account after deleting Google+?

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Im really upset right now, to start off. Okay so, first what happened is that i went onto my channel just to check it out. Once there i saw a little box on my banner that led to Google+, which supposedly is now automatically made if you have a Youtube account. I dont (or atleast didnt at the time) want a Google+ account and i saw that my uploaded videos were posted on it too. I proceeded to delete it and chose to delete only Google+ and its connected stuff, instead of selecting to delete my entire Google account (would delete all Google accounts like Yotube and GMail). Then i went back to Youtube and i saw that my account and channel were basically gone. It said my videos were still on, but they have been removed or something. My Youtube username was no longer present and was replaced with my email associated with Youtube/Google. I tried fixing it and a pop up would show having me input some info, my YT username was filled in, profile pic was there, b-day was there too. I just had to put in that i was a male and had to repeatedly click continue. After an error message kept telling me something about my username and to try again, i landed on some Google page where i had to fill in my username and channel type, only to find out that it was having me make a new channel. I just want to be able to use my current channel normally like i was everyday, i dont want to lose my subscribtions, subs, playlists, favorites, etc. associated with my current YT channel/account that i have managed to break. Please help me! i contacted Google about this via Youtube feedback, but havent gotten any replies. I wish i wouldnt have done any of that and kept the Google+ account, it wasnt near worth it. PLEASE HELP!

Solution

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that you were able to log back in and that the subs and vids were still there.

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Ive already read both of those and tried the second one before. It just ends up making a new channel. This whole situation is so stupid, why would Google disable your YT channel if you disable Google+!?

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
UPDATE: today i logged back into my YT and it seemed to be all fixed. My vids are still there, subs, favorites, etc. Only thing is that my profile pic is gone and wont update even if i try to change it

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that you were able to log back in and that the subs and vids were still there.

Solution

Howie45

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
AS OF THIS POINT I AM CONFUSED AS HELL...I ENDED UP HERE BY MAINLY UPDATING ADOBE FLASH PLAYER (NEEDED FOR VIDEOS LIKE U-TUBE?
AND I ALREADY HAD FLASH,,,JUST SO YOUR SUCKED INTO GOOGLE WHICH NOW JOINED AND CONTROLS U-TUBE...PLUS, GOOGLE+ HAS YOUR WHOLE LIFE ON INTERNET TO ANYONE SEARCHING IT??? EVERYWHERE YOU BEEN, APPS,,INCL. FACEBOOK, ETC? THESE PEOPLE ARE WORSE THAN THE GOVERNMENT SPYING, AND YOU/WE DID NOT ASK FOR IT! TRY AND GET RID OF IT IS ONE HELL OF A TASK AND COULD LOSE SOME APPS LIKE YOUR U-TUBE ACCOUNT? THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT! WITHOUT ADOBE FLASH, AND GOOGLE YOU CAN'T WATCH VIDEOS ALMOST ANY SITE? WHO, WHAT, HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS FORCED SYSTEM??????? AND NOW TO ADD JOIN OR CONNECT WITH FB SIGN IN TOO COMMENT HERE ON THIS SITE?????????? INTERNET IS GOING TO HELL

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

I agree, but in the end, Google is just a company in for the revenue and they own youtube so they call all the shots. My current youtube channel won't let me comment anymore at all, so I'm thinking of just making a new google account altogether and making a new channel; I would then have to re subscribe to my 114 subscriptions :(
Lets just hope google fixes this huge mistake.

For now, just don't use google+ at all. Uncheck the "share on google+" box when commenting on youtube, and try to block out and isolate google+ as much as possible like in your google account settings. If you're worried about tracking, install the web extension "avast! Internet security" which allows you to block any trackers on the web. Just search avast! In the search box for google chrome extensions, Firefox, etc. (forgot the rest of extension name)

charmbeauty111

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Is your account COMPLETELY recovered? I literally did the exact same thing you did with Google+ and deleted my channel by accident. I had 4,000 subscribers! Will it restore everything, like my subscribers, videos (I had 38), and my subscriptions (I was subscribed to at least like 400 channels)?! I emailed Google and they said they'll email me back asap to recover my account but my stomach is in knots right now. I need to fix this now! I'm freaking out so bad. Please help :( How's your channel right now?!

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Well in this thread i said what happened, and it is still working, once it was fixed somehow everything was back to normal. just one extremely annoying thing, I CANT COMMENT ANYMORE. ever since the new comment system came in not too long ago, i havent been able to comment and i recently found out probably because my Google+ account which i dont use at all has been suspended for some reason. I only have 10 subs and a few random vids, but i have subbed to like 114 people, so i can easily make a new channel and just re sub.
In your case, Google should be able to help you and i dont think there is anything you can do, just check on your google+ account now and if it is okay, your channel should be okay too.
I really dislike Google now b/c of all this, they force us to have G+ accounts and to make it worse, it a huge mistake and failure, MANY MANY MANY people are having similar problems to us. If anything, we now have to get used to bending over for Google and just taking it. Its gotten so bad, theres talk of individual developers making a new tube website like Youtube, but free of all the tyranny of Google; funny, sounds like the story of America against Britain...