Solved! How can I get 2.1 RCA audio from an Nvidia Shield?

rlong749

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Nvidia Shield audio.

Need 2.1 in RCA output from Shield or can Shield work with an AptX USB transmitter?

Solution
I doubt you can get a usb bluetooth transmitter to work. The Shield would not have drivers for it.
You can get an analog audio output by using either an HDMI input selector with audio extraction or an HDMI audio extractor. You will get a 2.0 output as only digital sources have the option of a ,1 bass channel. Set you audio system for a stereo source and the sub will work fine.
I doubt you can get a usb bluetooth transmitter to work. The Shield would not have drivers for it.
You can get an analog audio output by using either an HDMI input selector with audio extraction or an HDMI audio extractor. You will get a 2.0 output as only digital sources have the option of a ,1 bass channel. Set you audio system for a stereo source and the sub will work fine.

Solution

rlong749

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
I'm using the hdmi for a projector so how do I get the audio out of it?

I need a hdmi splitter of some kind - a one input two output and then link one of the outputs to an audio extractor?

Anyone with recommendations for these products (the splitter and the extractor)?