How can I move apps from internal to SD card to have more space available

dam4210

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Alcatel One Touch Icon Pop A564C.......Internal memory keeps running out. How can I move apps over to an SD card? This should not be rocket science.

Solution
Well if it is running Android "KitKat", which is what it came with, you would not be able to. However if you have already, or are able to now, upgrade to "Marshmallow" then you may be able to get it to work. I say 'may' because it is also possible that the manufacturer has restricted this option on the device. It happens.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right)...
Well if it is running Android "KitKat", which is what it came with, you would not be able to. However if you have already, or are able to now, upgrade to "Marshmallow" then you may be able to get it to work. I say 'may' because it is also possible that the manufacturer has restricted this option on the device. It happens.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution