How can I run my sound through both my stereo and my Akai EIE Pro?

Wasatch Rebel

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I am trying to hook up my Technics receiver to the Akai EIE Pro, and also to my pc. I'd like to be able to hear the sound from my computer over the speakers that are hooked up to the receiver, but also be able to use the hookups on the Akai for music production. Here's a link to the Akai with pics to both front and back panels so that you can see what I'm dealing with. http:// . Thanks for your help in advance.

sixthshadow42

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
If you're trying to get sound to run through two devices at the same time on windows, use Virtual Audio Cable, here's the link. Once you've downloaded and installed it, open "Audio Repeater (KS)" (without the quotes of course), under "Wave in", select Realtek HD Audio Stereo input. under wave out, select your other audio device. That should do it.

Wasatch Rebel

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

I'm not really trying to get sound through two devices at the same time. I'd like to be able to input instruments through the Akai, be able to hear them as I'm recording them, etc. Also, I'd like to listen to MP3s, movies, etc. with my high quality stereo system and speakers. So I guess what I'm trying to do is use both, for different purposes, keep them both hooked up so that I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging, and all of that. I had such a system hooked up on my old system, but in the mean time, I got this exterior sound card, which is really a musician's recording sound card, so I'm not using a soundcard that's in some slot inside the pc. For some reason that's confusing me.