Solved! How can I save images without losing any quality at all?

Omega Force

Estimable
May 13, 2015
I'm a novice.
I'm on macOS.
I go to Google Image.
I find an image that I want (this happens for any image).
I ctrl-click it.
I click on "copy image adress".
I paste the adress.
I see my image in high quality, I can zoom in an still have decent quality.
I ctrl-click it.
I click on "save image" (I tried both JPEG and PNG, same result).
Then I use an app like Preview or XnViewMP to view my image (the problem happens on both).
But the quality of the image has decreased, when I zoom in it looks pixelated.
Thus my question is: How can I save images without losing any quality at all?

Solution
Any picture when you zoom in on it will do that, you need to compare what is saved vs the original image for resolution and image type. if they are the same, you are saving that exact same image. What is probably happening is in the web browser it is showing you in a smaller size than the full size of the image, so zooming in does not do much since it's still lower resolution than the image. When you look at the image in some other program, you are actually zooming in on it from the full size.
Any picture when you zoom in on it will do that, you need to compare what is saved vs the original image for resolution and image type. if they are the same, you are saving that exact same image. What is probably happening is in the web browser it is showing you in a smaller size than the full size of the image, so zooming in does not do much since it's still lower resolution than the image. When you look at the image in some other program, you are actually zooming in on it from the full size.

Solution